October 28, 2020
Dear IWF Members:
On behalf of the Nominating Committee, I am proud to present to you the new slate of officers and directors for the 2020-2022 term. Earlier today, the IWF Board of Directors ratified the slate.
We were very saddened when earlier this month our President-Nominee, Vuyo Mahlati, suddenly passed away. Through this difficult time, the Nominating Committee reconvened, reviewed the names of all qualified candidates, and developed the new slate below.
The Nominating Committee enthusiastically and unanimously selected Helen Rule as President-Nominee, and Carolyn Carter as Vice President-Nominee.
The Nominating Committee had the privilege to analyze and consider the credentials of outstanding candidates – each ready and willing to advance the mission, goals and objectives of our global organization. It was the largest pool of candidates in IWF history.
The new IWF Board of Directors, effective today are:
- President: Helen Rule (Australia)
- Vice President: Carolyn Carter (USA – New York)
- Chair of the Audit, Finance Committee: Ana Muñoz (Spain)
- Adriane Brown (USA – Washington State)
- Holly Cannon (USA – Washington, DC)
- Karen Caplan (USA – Southern California)
- Kathleen Carroll (USA – Chicago)
- Kimberly Cooper Jaqua (USA – Oregon)
- Silvia Dávila (Mexico)
- Anne Doyle (USA – Michigan)
- Susan Hodkinson (Canada)
- Nancy Laughton (Canada – British Columbia)
- Rosel Moxey (Bahamas)
- Maria Auxiliadora Patiño de Macias (Ecuador)
- Elisabeth Ourliac (France)
- Sandy Stash (Canada, Ghana and United Kingdom)
- Alison Taunton-Rigby (USA – Massachusetts)
They have been elected to join current IWF Directors, elected by the Presidents’ Council in 2019, who have one year remaining on their terms through October 2021 as follows:
Directors elected by the Presidents’ Council:
- Reem Abu Hassan (Jordan)
- Rebecca Barfknecht (USA – Northern California)
- Shannon Block (USA – Colorado)
- Dana Morris Dixon (Jamaica)
- Julie Goldstein (United Kingdom)
We congratulate the newly elected Officers and Directors and thank the board for its leadership and service to IWF and to our shared mission to advance women’s leadership and champion equality worldwide.
Teresa VF Weintraub
IWF Nominating Committee